Friday, January 9, 2009

10 Random Facts About Yours Truly!

I was tagged by my friend, Katy, to share 10 random facts about myself. This is going to be hard... but here I go!
1. I secretly miss small town life. I always griped about Lubbock and Waco, but somewhere deep inside me, I liked it. The best things about small town life are less traffic, less road rage, and nicer people (who open doors for you and wave... even when you don't know them!)


2. I can't stand it when people don't spell check their posts or e-mails. Occasional errors are understandable.. but not frequently. Tons of misspelled words make you look ignorant. It takes 2 extra seconds people... it's worth the time!


3. I love to play dorky games like Scrabble and Sudoku. When I was on bed rest with Eloise my husband bought me a Nintendo DS so I could play these games in bed! :) Isn't he a nice guy?


4. I am a huge klutz... not a big surprise to some of you! Once in college I flipped backwards over a handrail in the middle of a packed lecture hall. I was jumping up to sit on it, and over jumped. BOOM! There I was, laying on the ground... too mortified to get up because so many people saw. These kind of things happen to me all the time!


5. I have never been able to nap! I wish I could, but my mind can't rest. I lay down and start thinking of all the things I need to be doing instead of sleeping. The ONLY time you will ever see me napping, is if I am extremely sick!


6. Ever since my pregnancy, I can't eat grilled chicken. I have to cut it up into tiny pieces and saute it! There is something about the fibrous texture of a huge piece of chicken that grosses me out!
7. I love to watch crime TV (something we have in common, Katy!) I love to watch "Cold Case Files", "Snapped", and other documentary type crime shows! Also, fictional ones like "Law and Order: SVU"
8. I am falling out of love with "Grey's Anatomy." I don't like the storyline anymore, and the actors on the show all seem so whiny. I am thinking about not watching it anymore.
9. I LOVED the Twilight book series. Seriously, a book about vampires?? I shocked myself with this one. I read the entire series in 2 weeks! I can totally understand why any adolescent girl is completely in love with the main male character, Edward Cullen.
10. My pet peve is seeing non-college-aged people wearing their old sorority/fraternity t-shirts. Get over it; it's time to get some new shirts! However, hypocritically, I can't bring myself to get rid of my old sorority t-shirts. I hold so many fond memories from college. I have said I was going to make a quilt out of them numerous times, but haven't done it yet. I will not wear them anymore. So, for the time being, they are taking up valuable room in one of my closets!
OK, I tag Vandi, KC, and Wendy! I hope this is easier for you guys than it was for me!

3 comments:

Lisa Parsons said...

I love the Twilight books too! I'm half way done the third!

Vandi said...

I am shocked by how many things we have in common!!! Too bad we don't live closer...we could be book reading, crime tv watching and e-mail editing dorks together!! :)Ha ha...how are your sweet girls??

Wendy said...

I have a hard time thinking of 1 random fact about myself, but 10- I will try though. I am so with you on the Grey's Anatomy thing. I finally got TiVo and was so excited to be able to watch Grey's EVERY week- ugh, that show sucks it now!